The most wonderful time of the year is approaching and many are riddled with ideas on how to shop for gifts and decorate their homes to host holiday meals without completely emptying their wallets. Here are a few quick festive ideas for your home.
The best part about decorating with pinecones is that they are free. All you have to do is step outside your home and pick up as many as you need. Add a bit of sparkle to your pinecones by doing the following:
- Clean the pinecones
- Use the acrylic paint or spray paint of your choice (typically red, silver or gold to connect with your holiday theme)
- Optional – cover the pinecones in spray adhesive and roll the cones around in glitter; shake off any excess glitter
- Let pinecones dry overnight
After your pinecones have dried, place them around your home and dining table, or use them as centerpieces by placing them in a glass bowl or vase.
There are so many fantastic uses for LED lights! Try and or all of the following:
- Wrap LED lights on the around all four legs of your dining table, or line the your table with a string of lights
- Roll the lights up and place them inside of a mason jar. You can also fill a mason jar with previously decorated pinecones and wrap the lights around the jar
- Hang plants around your home or above your table with LED lights wrapped around them
You will find no shortage of christmas figurines during the holiday season. You make your own figurines from original crafts or you can purchase a set that has a scene, like the nativity scene or a classic christmas village.
It may be best to purchase plastic figurines instead
of glass or ceramic ones. This will ensure they will not break and can be easily placed all around your home.
Don’t drive yourself crazy over holiday decorations. Head over to your local craft store for supplies and DIY tips and have fun!
If you or someone you know is planning on starting a fix/flip project soon, contact Center Street Lending to get more details on how a private lender can help you start and grow a house flipping business.